Monday, August 1, 2011

Spotlight on The Siren by Kiera Cass





The Siren 
by Kiera Cass
Published July 7, 2009
Paperback - 276 pages










"You must never do anything that might expose our secret. This means that, in general, you cannot form close bonds with humans. You can speak to us, and you can always commune with the Ocean, but you are deadly to humans. You are, essentially, a weapon. A very beautiful weapon. I won't lie to you, it can be a lonely existence, but once you are done, you get to live. All you have to give, for now, is obedience and time..."

The same speech has been given hundreds of times to hundreds of beautiful girls who enter the sisterhood of sirens. Kahlen has lived by these rules for years now, patiently waiting for the life she can call her own. But when Akinli, a human, enters her world, she can't bring herself to live by the rules anymore. Suddenly the life she's been waiting for doesn't seem nearly as important as the one she's living now. (from Goodreads)

I wanted to share the book that I am currently reading but not necessarily reading for review. I received The Siren a couple of years ago for my birthday and have not yet read it. And as my birthday is right around the corner, I wanted to read it. It sounds completely different from anything I've ever read. I just started reading the first few pages, but I'm really excited to find out where this story takes me. I'm still getting used to the unusual names. Thankfully Kiera has a name guide on her website with the correct pronunciation. (I have a thing about unusual names - Katniss kept me from reading The Hunger Games for a long time. So stupid, I know.)

Oh and another cool thing about reading The Siren, is that Kiera Cass is a local author! Her newest book  The Selection will be published in 2012 by Harper Children's. You can learn more about The Siren and Kiera at www.kieracass.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs