Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012 Challenges and Reading Goals

I've joined a few challenges this year. I plan to read a lot of contemporary young adult (my favorite) and I hope to discover some new authors too. I've joined the 2012 Debut Author Challenge which I posted about here and I've also joined two challenges hosted by Shanyn at Chick Loves Lit - Sophomore Author Challenge and Completely Contemporary Challenge. And the last challenge I joined is the YA Verse Books Challenge hosted by Jessica at Shut Up! I'm Reading. Details for each challenge can be found by selecting the links and everyone can still sign up for all of these challenges.


For the Sophomore Reading Challenge, I plan to read the minimum required 10 books. Some second novels that I am looking forward to reading are: The Knife and the Butterfly by Ashley Hope Perez, Never Enough by Denise Jaden, Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard, Don't Breathe a Word by Holly Cupala, Try Not to Breathe by Jennifer Hubbard, The Forgetting Curve by Angie Smibert, The Right and the Real by Joelle Anthony and Thumped by Megan McCafferty.

I've pledged to read 10 books for the Completely Contemporary Challenge. I know that I will read more than 10 Contemporary but since the books have to be published in 2010, 2011 or 2012, I didn't want to commit myself to such a high number. I actually want to complete some of these challenges.

I have signed up to complete the Fan level (5 books) for the YA Verse Books Challenge. I have already some many verse novels that I don't know which ones I will be able to get my hands on in 2012. Some titles that I know I will read are: Love and Leftovers by Sarah Tregay, Audition by Stasia Ward Kehoe and Perfect by Ellen Hopkins.

I will be tracking my challenges here. In addition to these challenges, I have some more reading goals: 
  • Read 85 books for the Goodreads Challenge
  • read at least 10 e-books
  • read 20 books from my bookshelves that I purchased prior to 2012 (doesn't include e-books) 
  • read at least 10 library books 
  • finally read Pride and Prejudice
So those are my reading goals and challenges for 2012. I just know that it will be a great year and am ready to dive right in!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my goals! I do need to comment more myself, I really neglect that aspect of having a blog, but I've been trying :).

    I like your goals and I wish you good luck with them :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Don't Breathe a Word is FANTASTIC, and a great choice for the SRC :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs