Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday - The Unnaturalists

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:





The Unnaturalists
by Tiffany Trent
Published by Simon and Schuster
Publication Date:  August 14, 2012














In an alternate London where magical creatures are preserved in a museum, two teens find themselves caught in a web of intrigue, deception, and danger.

Vespa Nyx wants nothing more than to spend the rest of her life cataloging Unnatural creatures in her father’s museum, but as she gets older, the requirement to become a lady and find a husband is looming large. Syrus Reed’s Tinker family has always served and revered the Unnaturals from afar, but when his family is captured to be refinery slaves, he finds that his fate may be bound up with Vespa’s—and with the Unnaturals.

As the danger grows, Vespa and Syrus find themselves in a tightening web of deception and intrigue. At stake may be the fate of New London—and the world.
(from Goodreads)

The Unnaturalists isn't the typical book that I would be drawn to.  As a reader of mainly contemporary YA, I don't immediately want to read books outside of that genre. It takes a bit of coaxing and more often than not, I'm so happy that I am introduced to new genres and authors. 

I found out about this book today from my friend, Traci, who I was inviting to join the book club I am in. Immediately she tells me to check out Tiffany Trent's website because she has a new book coming out this year that may be something we would want to read when it is released.  I haven't read any steampunk books, but I think I'm ready to discover what they are all about. 

If you want to dive into some steampunk or if you are already a fan, then you should definitely check out Tiffany's blog to enter her Lovely Steampunk Giveaway
Thanks Traci for recommending this book!

15 comments:

  1. I was already hooked by the first line of the summary!!! This looks AWESOME!
    Thanks for Sharing!!!
    Come check out my WOW for an exclusive excerpt of the book!
    http://tessmw.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-my-fairytale-life.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover for The Unnaturalists. I haven't read a steampunk book yet, apart from a quick novella and plan on changing that.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya - fab blog you have. And great post for this weeks Waitin' On Wednesday!

    Jessica from Booked Up!
    http://www.bookedupbloggers.blogspot.com/

    :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover is fabulous! I haven't tackled steampunk novels yet either, but this one sounds pretty darn tempting. Definitely putting it on the list to check out, great pick :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been waiting on this book too. It sounds really nice, and the cover is gorgeous :)

    New Follower ;)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any steampunk books as of yet or if I did I didn't know they were steampunk, but The Unnaturalists sound like a good book. I will have to check it out more next time I'm on goodeads :)P.S. New Blog Follower
    Come Check Out My Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the steampunk genre. Just with Vespa's storyline I was completely hooked. Great pick, I'm a new follower. Please stop by my WoW. Thanks!

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for featuring this book, it sounds right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me at alternate London! Steampunk novels are something I am very new to as well but they are really cool, I am finding. Loved the summary for this one! Great Wow, choice. Btw, love your WoW logo/pic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great cover and pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday_2460.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT CHOICE!! This book does look so awesome. Thx for sharing!!!
    My Wow:
    Colorimetry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cover! I've never gotten into steampunk books but this sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds awesome I love the synopsis! Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds really good I added it to my TBR list. Nice pick. Click on my name to see my pick.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs